Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Beginning

Written: January 10, 2010 @ 2:30 a.m. @ Sharptop in Jasper, Georgia

As I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep I felt the need to come and write, to put the thoughts in my head down on paper. I'm not sure if it was the six cups of coffee I drank that made me get out of my bed or God. I'm pretty sure it was God but either way I'm awake and writing. (Although I'm sure the coffee is helping.) I'm learning a lot while here at Winter Training. I'm definitely sure that God is telling me to look for Him in all situations. We are used to seeing God in scripture and at church, even in nature but I am guilty of limiting my search for Him there. God can be found in His creation's creations. God is alive and trying to speak to us not only through "religious" avenues but through music and movies as well.

I think more importantly the message God is trying to get across is that I really need to start reading and writing. I need to dive into literature like I never have before. We are students our entire lives and God is telling me to learn. Not only am I supposed to learn but I need to express what I'm learning and tell people about it. I don't know exactly how I'm to do this but I want to be obedient to what I think God is saying. At first, I feel as though I don't have anything to offer. This isn't my gift set. I don't have anything of real value to say that hasn't been said before yet God is still there saying read, write. Maybe someone will be encouraged. Maybe someone will see God through what I have to say. Regardless I must do it. So it begins, me the reader and writer. May God be glorified through it.

1 comment:

  1. Dan,

    I am excited to follow your blog!

    If you'd like to dive into some literature with some friends (myself, Eliza, Ted, and a few others)... we are reading "The Road" and some time in early February are planning to get together and discuss!

    Also, I'm blogging too (kristianmk.blogspot.com) ... albeit, much less deep and thought provoking, but perhaps intriguing nonethless ... if you'd like to check it out!

    :]

    -Kristian

    ReplyDelete