Monday, February 1, 2010

Ode to Cheesy Christian Slogans



I was driving this morning and I saw this sign outside of a church. The sign read, "What if God was asking us for a sign?" At first I wrote it off as another hilariously, cheesy church board. Then I got to thinking what if it were true? What if God was asking for a sign? The more I thought the more I really started to see some truth behind it. What if God was asking us to live as though our lives were a "sign" that He's actually done something in them? What if God actually changed people from darkness to light? What if He really made dead things come alive? What if we tried to go against the norm of asking God to show Himself and we started to show ourselves to Him and the rest of the world. My challenge/encouragement/charge (whatever we want to call it) to myself and anyone else that is reading this is to start living like God has changed us. "Light of the World," "Salt of the earth," just a thought.

So in light of cheesy church board sayings, "Keep on Preaching." Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment